BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DanielChristensen
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all

After an update, the title colors in the windows in SAS Base has changed from black to white (see picture: "Editor active"). That result in a unreadable title when the window is not active (see picture: "Editor not active").

Does anybody know how to change this setting?

Kind regards

Daniel Christensen

Editor active.pngEditor not active.png
4 REPLIES 4
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Not seen that before.  I can suggest two things:

1) In SAS under Tools menu item there is Customize (mainly for menu items), and Options where you can set various preferences such as colors in windows.  Have a look through there and see if there is a setting for it.  

2) The only other place I can think of which might affect it is the CFG, located in the SAS folder, saay something like:
c:\program files\SAS\SAS 9.4\nls\u8\sasv9.cfg

If neither of those two, do you have it setup on a server?  Maybe ask the server guys to look at it.

FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

I think these settings are governed by the operating system. So, I would choose a different "design" or "theme" in the "Personalization" section of the Windows Control Panel.

DanielChristensen
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks.

But I don´t think that is the problem. As you can see in the attachment, windows look normal outside SAS 😞

Windows.png
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

@FreelanceReinh is probably right here.  In the windows properties you can of course set the colors you want, however there is also other settings, contrast is the one which is probably affecting you here.  Basically there is a need for contrast, what is probably happening is that the color you have chosen for your Windows theme is conflicting with the SAS window theme so it switches the color.  Try setting the contrasts, or change the color of widows.

http://usability.com.au/windows-7-change-colour-contrast/ 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation