BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I'm defining a "study definition" (what else does one do with a definition???), and as I add datasets, I see that by default, all the variables in those datasets are included.

I then go in and customize, manually turning most of these variables to the "Unassigned" level.

Does anyone know of a way to have the default be "Unassigned" - and thus, go in to manually add only the variables I want to display/use?

Mike Carniello
Takeda/US
7 REPLIES 7
Dave_SAS
SAS Employee
The default behavior can be changed to 'Unassigned' by modifying the system registry. Specifically, the property DataTransforms/PPV/defaults/domain/INITANALYSISTYPES should be set to 'N'. Changing this setting will typically involve having the system administrator perform the task -- most likely by requesting it through a change request form if the system is hosted at SAS.

Dave
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello Dave,

Is there any documentation available about that registry?

Thanks,
François
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks for this info, Dave!
Dave_SAS
SAS Employee
François

There is documentation about the registry, but it's a bit scattered among several different documents. I'm pulling the relevant content together and will post it soon.

Dave
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello Dave,

Any news regarding the SDD Registry documentation?

Thank you,
François
Dave_SAS
SAS Employee
We're working through this documentation right now, specifically as it relates to registry settings associated with the Process Editor. These may also carry over to the other applications. There are various business rules that can be defined in the registry (for example, all macro variables that begin with inds_ will default to input data sets, etc.). Documenting this detailed information is taking a bit longer than I had anticipated.

Dave
deleted_user
Not applicable
Me again... I'm still looking for the SDD registry documentation and eventually, Takeda's paper.

Thanks,
François

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation