Sending Encrypted Emails through SAS

New Contributor

Sending Encrypted Emails through SAS

Hi,

I am working on a Project where numerous files get generated as output which then needs to be sent to different users.

BUT, These Emails need to be sent in Encrypted format i.e. the one which we find in Microsoft Outlook as "Encrypt and Send". As a result of this a tag "{SECURE MESSAGE}" automatically comes with the subject line.

I would want to know if the same can be done using any option with sas EMAIL statment or something else.

I would request you all to provide your replies on this, Because it's really urgent. It is the last step of my project and client strictly wants to have this functionality.

Trusted Advisor

Re: Sending Encrypted Emails through SAS

Hi,

I cannot recall SAS supports itself to send encrypted emails, but you can encrypt content (as Excel files or datasets), or you can encrypt and send emails with 3rd Party utilities (and free) as blat together with STUNNEL.

For the second option, please see an example and description here: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.mail.blat/10184

For the first one, you can google a bit: https://www.google.nl/search?q=blat+encrypt+email&oq=blat+encrypt+email&aqs=chrome..69i57.5071j0j7&s...

I hope this can help you.

Trusted Advisor

I would expect that if you add {SECURE MESSAGE} to the subject line of your emails, they will go through your corporate encryption server and appear to the outside world just as if you had sent them from Outlook.  It's worth a try to send a message that way to your personal e-mail account and see.  Otherwise, you central IT department can help.

New Contributor

Hi,

Firstly i would like to thank you for the reply.....

Next could you please help, if there is any file (.xlsx) encryption option which can be added in continuation to EMAIL statment so that the attached file gets encrypted while sending...

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation