BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
esjackso
Quartz | Level 8

I have been working to get the options set for sending SMTP email using the sas filename email options. That has been worked out all but a little detail. I cant figure out whether the problem is on the email server side or a SAS option that we cant find. When the sent email is received the mail is seen as from loginname@computername.domain. The way our system is set up is that our login name is not the same as our email address. For example ab1234@ncl-123456.domain instead of our actual email as ejackson@emaildomain.org. Setting the from on the email code on adds the "on behalf of" to the from line seen in the email.

Is there an option in SAS to "fix" this behavior or is then on the server side.

BTW - We are using Exchange servers for email

Thanks for any help!

EJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
esjackso
Quartz | Level 8

After some additional testing I thing I have a work around ... but I would be interested in any other comments:

WORKAROUND:

Specify the from= on the filename statement and use the email directive "!EM_SENDER!= email address" in the data step that creates the email.

This seems to have solved the issue. But you have to use both in combination or you get either the "on behalf of" or the from address as the weird address being displayed.

EJ

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
esjackso
Quartz | Level 8

After some additional testing I thing I have a work around ... but I would be interested in any other comments:

WORKAROUND:

Specify the from= on the filename statement and use the email directive "!EM_SENDER!= email address" in the data step that creates the email.

This seems to have solved the issue. But you have to use both in combination or you get either the "on behalf of" or the from address as the weird address being displayed.

EJ

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation