BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
chouchou
Calcite | Level 5

Given the following OPTIONS statement:

libname A 'SAS library reference';

libname F 'SAS library reference';

options fmtsearch = (A F.X);

What is the second location searched for formats?

A.F.X

B.A.FORMATS

C.WORK.FORMATS

D.SAS supplied formats

The answer is C.

However I feel it should be Library.formats which doesn't appear as answers at all.

What do you guys feel about?Can anyone explain it to me? Thank you so much!Usingocati

1 REPLY 1
Astounding
PROC Star

According to the documentation, you are correct.  I might let SAS off on a technicality, however.

Note that when you create a format, you are not permitted to use a name that SAS has already defined in its list of existing formats.  For example, this program would fail because monyy is not permitted as a name:

proc format;

value monyy  1='Hey';

run;

So when SAS searches for a format, it first looks to see if the format is on the list of SAS-Institute-supplied formats.  Then it follows the FMTSEARCH rules which in this case would begin with WORK.FORMATS.

At best, the question is not clear in what it asks for.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation