BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ruhickson
Calcite | Level 5

So I guess I'm looking for a bit of a hack here, but there's probably a few SAS savants who can help me out. I opened up a DI Studio job and got a warning that several metadata objects were deleted outside of the job (A5xxxxxx.BUxxxxxx, of that format).

Is there any way to search for what the Name of that metadata object was?

I tried looking using Management Console, which is normally fairly comprehensive, but it doesn't seem to match any criteria I specify, or even a general search where I include any object type possible.

1 REPLY 1
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Isn't the problem that the object has been deleted, and you only got the pointer (id) left?

So the name is probably gone.

Options: restore metadata to a different location, and search.

Or, if this is an "old" job, copy a working version from another environment (prod?).

And for the problem itself  it sounds like you have either to high authorization for your users (possibility to delete objects in the wrong place - use Projects repositories as much as possible), or not followed basics processes when deliberately deleting objects (always check for dependencies first!).

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation