BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sumit_gupta810_gmail_com
Calcite | Level 5

What is scope of learning SAS I want to go in BI(Business Intelligence) domain?

As I am learning Base SAS and what are the advanatges of having Base SAS Certified?

6 REPLIES 6
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I have no idea how the SAS business in your location ranks a certification. But at least it's good for your own confidence in SAS programming.

Am not sure if I understand your first question, but leaning Base SAS is beneficial, even if you wish to work with end-user tools. From time to time, you still need to bring your own data to the report application, or you need to write a Stored Process report (using Base SAS and SAS/GRAPH).

Data never sleeps
sumit_gupta810_gmail_com
Calcite | Level 5

Actually, Currently I am working as a software engineer but I want to move in the field of Anaytics.

And by self study I am learning Base SAS and I know how things are going quite well. Even I have downloaded SAS 9 in my laptop and have practical exposure with the programming and I am learning as well. But I read many articles related to this and It dictated as no one want to hire  FRESHER in the stream of SAS. I will like to do BASE SAS Certification to move in Analtics field and I have huge interest in that. So, Kindly suggest me please .Looking for your reply!

art297
Opal | Level 21

I have to question your comment that "no one want to hire FRESHER in the stream of SAS."  I'm not a recruitment professional, thus can't offer placement advice, but here are my personal opinions on the topic.

Some companies will like to see SAS certification(s) amongst your qualifications, but some won't be impressed by it. Similarly, some companies won't hire freshers, while others would prefer the lower costs of hiring inexperienced staff.

SAS definitely controls a large share of the market place, but a number of companies are seeking analysts with a diversity of software skills (e.g., R, Microsoft and SPSS just to name a few).

So I agree with , but think that the analytical community is so diverse that companies and recruiters have a hard time finding the types of professionals they're seeking. And, as the demand for both experienced and new professionals increases over the next few years, that is going to become even harder.

As such I created a website, called analystfinder.com, to help bridge that gap. You may want to consider it, along with strengthening your skills, as its free, painless, and couldn't hurt.

sumit_gupta810_gmail_com
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you Arthur and Linus

sumit_gupta810_gmail_com
Calcite | Level 5

Please tell me about the certifications that would help me in entering in the field of analytics?

art297
Opal | Level 21

There is a list of all the ones that I'm aware of on the checklist you can download from the candidate's page at AnalystFinder.com

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 3 in conversation