Saving bookmarks within program

Accepted Solution Solved
Learner
Accepted Solution

Saving bookmarks within program

Hi all,

How do I save my bookmarks (CTRL+F2 line markers) within the program so that they appear each time a program file is opened? Using SAS 9.4 (TS1M5)

Accepted Solutions
Solution
3 weeks ago
Super User

Re: Saving bookmarks within program

Posted in reply to username_dg2

If you are referring to the Enhanced Editor window I don't believe you are going to find that possible.

You might try adding a unique string that you know serves that purpose and could do search (and reset the mark as doing so). A comment string like /*#####*/ for instance.

Since the files that the program editor saves are pure text (regardless of the extension) the information stored in the file cannot be something like a list of line numbers that one specific program knows how to use. The information would have to be stored in something like a windows registry which would then fail if the file name was changed, or the file was moved, using any program except the SAS editor.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
3 weeks ago
Super User

If you are referring to the Enhanced Editor window I don't believe you are going to find that possible.

You might try adding a unique string that you know serves that purpose and could do search (and reset the mark as doing so). A comment string like /*#####*/ for instance.

Since the files that the program editor saves are pure text (regardless of the extension) the information stored in the file cannot be something like a list of line numbers that one specific program knows how to use. The information would have to be stored in something like a windows registry which would then fail if the file name was changed, or the file was moved, using any program except the SAS editor.

Super User

SAS programs, when saved as such, are pure text. No information is added in the text, so helper items like the enhanced editor bookmarks can not be included. You can set marks on your own in comments, which can be found with the search function of the editor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
How to convert datasets to data steps
How to post code
☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation