BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
username_dg2
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

How do I save my bookmarks (CTRL+F2 line markers) within the program so that they appear each time a program file is opened? Using SAS 9.4 (TS1M5)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

If you are referring to the Enhanced Editor window I don't believe you are going to find that possible.

You might try adding a unique string that you know serves that purpose and could do search (and reset the mark as doing so). A comment string like /*#####*/ for instance.

Since the files that the program editor saves are pure text (regardless of the extension) the information stored in the file cannot be something like a list of line numbers that one specific program knows how to use. The information would have to be stored in something like a windows registry which would then fail if the file name was changed, or the file was moved, using any program except the SAS editor.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

If you are referring to the Enhanced Editor window I don't believe you are going to find that possible.

You might try adding a unique string that you know serves that purpose and could do search (and reset the mark as doing so). A comment string like /*#####*/ for instance.

Since the files that the program editor saves are pure text (regardless of the extension) the information stored in the file cannot be something like a list of line numbers that one specific program knows how to use. The information would have to be stored in something like a windows registry which would then fail if the file name was changed, or the file was moved, using any program except the SAS editor.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

SAS programs, when saved as such, are pure text. No information is added in the text, so helper items like the enhanced editor bookmarks can not be included. You can set marks on your own in comments, which can be found with the search function of the editor.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation