Sas Libraries for Code

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Sas Libraries for Code

Hi

I have set up a number of data libraries in SAS to hold shared datasets.

I would like to do the same for sas code and macros. Ideally be able to group the code into folders and allow users read access as needed. Also I have set up a macro folder that will contain the customised macros that will be available to all users.

Each Enterprise Guide user should be able to view this code through that application.

My issue is that I cannot set up a library that will allow code be save to it. Also if I try and save code it will only save to the SasMeta/SasApp - Files folder or sub folder. Is it possible to save the code to a different location on the server through Enterprise Guide.

Regards

Andrew

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎12-04-2012 02:26 PM
Super User

Re: Sas Libraries for Code

The usual way to set up common SAS code and data storage folders is to get your IT folks to set up a number of network shares (pointing to actual network folders) that are accessible from any computer, including your SAS server. For example (assuming you have a Windows server/environment):

\\MySAS Server\dev$ could be a network share for your development code and data. Underneath this share, you can set up all of your required folders, using say Windows Explorer:

\\MySAS Server\dev$\SAS Programs

\\MySAS Server\dev$\SAS Macros

\\MySAS Server\dev$\SAS Data

These folders are accessible from both your desktop and the SAS server so this is how you could reference them in your code, or do a FILE SAVE AS in EG to these locations.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Respected Advisor

Solution
‎12-04-2012 02:26 PM
Super User

The usual way to set up common SAS code and data storage folders is to get your IT folks to set up a number of network shares (pointing to actual network folders) that are accessible from any computer, including your SAS server. For example (assuming you have a Windows server/environment):

\\MySAS Server\dev$ could be a network share for your development code and data. Underneath this share, you can set up all of your required folders, using say Windows Explorer:

\\MySAS Server\dev$\SAS Programs

\\MySAS Server\dev$\SAS Macros

\\MySAS Server\dev$\SAS Data

These folders are accessible from both your desktop and the SAS server so this is how you could reference them in your code, or do a FILE SAVE AS in EG to these locations.

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation