BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
anchensun
Calcite | Level 5

I have a dataset with 5 variables including VNUMBER VNAME VLABEL VTYPE and VLENGTH. I want to set a table has all variables with the name from the VNAME value, label from VLABEL and length from VLENGTH. If VTYPE equal to 1, the variable is numeric. If VTYPE equal to 2, the variable is character. Here is the original dataset. How should program it?

2 REPLIES 2
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

First of all, never supply example data in a picture. Unless you expect everyone else here to tediously type text from a picture.

See my footnotes for how to convert a dataset to data step code and how to post the resulting code so that it can be reliably run with copy/paste and submit.

For your question, look into call execute.

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Not going to do it for you, but to start:

data _null_;
  set meta end=last;
  if _n_=1 then call execute('data want;');
  if vtype=1 then call execute(cat(' attrib ',strip(vname),';'));
  else call execute('...');
  if last then call execute(';run;');
run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation