BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
KrishnaChandra
Calcite | Level 5

Hai All

I would like to know how start with SDTM programming? .Please put some code for creating DS Dataset.I don't know how to doing it. :smileyplain: Please help me

Krishna

3 REPLIES 3
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Hi,

Again, I am not providing code as this is company IP.  This is a large area to explore.  What do you want in the DS domain, do you need supplementary domains, do you need define.xml, what about standards (eCRF/Domains) etc.  Have you a spec to work to.  Various other questions.

I believe this forum is for particular questions, not training or contract work.

Please refer to the SAS training - SAS Tutorials | SAS Training, and CDISC information - http://www.cdisc.org/sdtm

It is free, and they provide and Implementation guide plus all the documentation necessary.

Here is one brief overview: http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/forum2008/207-2008.pdf

Note however that in my opinion this kind of mapping is moving away from coding and becoming metadata driven.

KrishnaChandra
Calcite | Level 5

Hai RW9

Thanks for your valuable support and guidance.I understood the thing which u said.  Smiley Happy

Need to know how to find the smallest and  largest value of concatenation with two variables?

Any kind of your generous help

Thanks

Krishna

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Its a good idea to put some test data and required output, just helps to understand the issue.  You can get min/max values in several different ways:

data test;     

a=3; output;

a=6; output;

a=1; output;

run;

proc sql;

create table WANT as

select     MIN(A) as MIN_A,

MAX(A) as MAX_A

from        TEST;

quit;

proc means data=test;

var a;

output out=want min=min max=max;

run;

These are just a couple of ways.  You can then concatenate as b=strip(put(min,best.))||" - "||strip(put(max,best.));

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation