SASHELP, WORK and SAMPSIO libraries Warning

Frequent Contributor

SASHELP, WORK and SAMPSIO libraries Warning

[ Edited ]

Hi,

When I'm running a code to connect to the server, I'm getting the following warnings for sashelp, wrok and sampsio:

WARNING: The library sashelp cannot be assigned. The metadata for this library was probably created with the pre-assigned library
template. This library cannot be pre-assigned using metadata.
WARNING: The library work cannot be assigned. The metadata for this library was probably created with the pre-assigned library
WARNING: The library sampsio cannot be assigned. The metadata for this library was probably created with the pre-assigned library

I found this: https://communities.sas.com/t5/Administration-and-Deployment/SAS-Management-Console-SASHELP-Library-...

We already have SAS 9.4(SAS EG 7.1). I checked SAS MC and these libraries are pre-assigned and highlighted( I cannot check off the option and pre-assignment type is 'By native library engine').

Is there any way to change configurations to these libraries in SAS MC to get rid of these warnings?

Thanks.

Super User

Re:SASHELP, WORK and SAMPSIO libraries Warning

[ Edited ]

Do not define those libraries in SAS metadata at all. They are automatically assigned/created when a (any) SAS process starts.

Even if that process does not connect to the Metadata Server.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Frequent Contributor

Re: Re:SASHELP, WORK and SAMPSIO libraries Warning

Posted in reply to KurtBremser

Thank you KurtBremser.

Could you be more specific and give me more information? Should these libraries in SAS MC be removed?

Super User

As posted in the thread you linked to, this is only necessary if you need to register tables for further use (as in a drop-down prompt). And then the libraries shoulde only be assigned to the server where this is necessary at all.

Export the definitions to a package (in case something gets broken), and then remove them.

Our installation does not have them defined in metadata.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super User

Or, better still, just remove the pre-assignment. That way SAS can find the libraries for reference, but the pre-assignment that fails won't be attempted.

Frequent Contributor

Posted in reply to KurtBremser

Actually I would prefer not to remove them and instead, resolve this issue by changing the configurations in SAS MC.

Is there any way to do this?

In 'Option' tab , under 'libref' there is an option for the libraries, 'Library is pre-assigned' that is checked and I cannot change it.

Super User

Re: SASHELP, WORK and SAMPSIO libraries Warning

You can have them as pre-assigned, but be sure to chose "by external configuration".
Data never sleeps
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried it by choosing "by external configuration" but I'm still getting warnings.

Super User

Really? But you say "Warnings", are those the same warnings (shouldn't be, since those seems to apply when there's an attempt to assign them from metadata).

Try to reinitialize the Object Spawner, and restart EG, just to make sure the new setting is in effect.

Data never sleeps
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation