06-28-2016 05:05 PM
I have some ideas that I wanted to implement in my team where I am leading the SAS projects.
Here is what we have now:
1) Our group has so many excel files - all involve much of manual interventions of users adding comments, new data rows etc.
2) These files are being used by PC-SAS with some manual intervention and then the PC-SAS program process them and create a new excel file and store them in network drives for users
Solution I am thinking:
1) To avoid these manual interventions, I wanted to bring the web applications instead of users manually entering the items in excel.
2) Then the user responses should be captured into a SAS dataset directly from web apps.
3) The SAS program runs and send out the processed excel file to the Windows virtual drive directly
I have been looking for web apps that can integrate with SAS grid server. I know that HTML web forms can be easily added on the SAS stored processes (_webout), but it is getting complicated for me when I tried complex table. I am looking something simple for everyone to use in the team. The SAS skill level is really low among all others, so I will have to develop all these myself if I use the SAS stored process route.
Is there any GUI based application where we can develop Web apps and the results can go to SAS dataset directly?
I am looking like drop down, radio button, blanks etc., in the web app, so they can be captured into SAS dataset and stored.
Does SAS offer any tool like this?
06-28-2016 11:04 PM