SAS to Oracle

Super Contributor
Super Contributor

SAS to Oracle

Hi,

Did not know where to put this post so I am writing it here Smiley Happy

I have SQL Developer 4 (32/64) and i SAS 9.2(32bits) and i am trying to connect them .I am licensed to SAS/ACCESS to Oracle

libname oralib oracle user=system password=xxxxx
path=xe  run;  

The "xe" is from the tnsname.ora file (SERVICE_NAME = XE)

and this is the error i am getting.

ERROR: The SAS/ACCESS Interface to ORACLE cannot be loaded & Image SASORA found but not loadable.

ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

Google could not help me. Anyone with the same experience?

Super User

Re: SAS to Oracle

I found 14 SAS Support notes on your problem searching on the text "ORACLE cannot be loaded & Image SASORA found but not loadable" here: https://support.sas.com/.

I suggest you do the same and work through the notes to see if any might help you.

Super Contributor
Super Contributor

i had already tried half of the suggestions.Who knows maybe it  s cuz i have sas (32) on a windows 64.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Hey SASKiwi,can you please try to see if you can open "Oracle Patch Number 5059238" on this site:

http://support.sas.com/kb/33/444.html

it s not opening for me

Thanks

Super Contributor
Super Contributor

and i do have the parentheses in this path C:\Program Files\SAS\SASFoundation\9.2 (32-bit).

maybe that causes the issue but i cant open this patch number they have provided.Went on Oracle.com and could not find there either :smileycry:

Super User

Sorry I don't have an Oracle userid and password to get the patch. Do you have an Oracle DBA at your site who can help?

Super Contributor
Super Contributor

just wanted to know if this link "Oracle Patch Number 5059238" is valid and  can be opened from another system cuz i cannot open it from here Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

For SAS 9.2, you must have Oracle client release 9i at a minimum. Have you confirmed that you have the correct release?

Super Contributor
Super Contributor

i have SQL Developer.Not good?

Super Contributor

Oracle SQL Developer does not provide the Oracle client that you need for the SAS Access engine to work. You can do all kinds of cool things with SQL Developer, but you will still need the Oracle client.

Super Contributor
Super Contributor

thanks

will try downloading it now and see how it works

Super Contributor

Just to clarify, you need the Oracle client for SAS Access to work properly. You do not need the Oracle client for Oracle SQL Developer to function.

Super Contributor
Super Contributor

i have an oracle server that my sql developer as a client functions with but i thought i could use that client to have SAS access that server. So now i am in the process of installing Oracle Client 11. Am i doing right?

I am not an oracle person

Super Contributor

Yes - install the oracle client.

Super Contributor
Super Contributor

same error Smiley Sad

so i am following instructions that i found on sas.com

SAS/ACCESS Interface to Oracle:
Software Requirements:
•Verify that the SAS/ACCESS Interface to Oracle is installed on your machine.
o Browse to !SASROOT\Access\Sasexe and verify existence of sasioora.dll.
• Verify that the SAS/ACCESS Interface to Oracle is licensed.
o Submit PROC SETINIT code from above example. “SAS/ACC –
ORACLE” should appear in the SAS log.
• Verify that the Oracle SQL*Net Client is installed on the machine.
When i run proc setinit i can see sas/access interface to oracle in the logs but i cant find sasioora.dll on my system.
So give up then?
Super Contributor

Perhaps you should put in a ticket with SAS Technical Support. It appears you are licensed for SAS Access to Oracle, but the requisite dll seems to be missing. This could be caused by lots of different things, I suppose: incomplete install, install from the wrong software depot, accidental file deletion, so on and so on.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 40 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation