BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AravindPalanichamy
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

We are retrieving data from front end java application using Jquery. In that we have two buttons to type the input data either character or numeric. After entering the data in front end when i try to see it in the dataset which is not updated. Am not sure where this error occurs. From back end we given the proper code to retrieve those datas. Is there any other way to check the stored process to identify where this error is occuring, from which end the data is not transfering properly.

That particular stored process is not calling at all. So i could not able to identify the error in log also. Please suggest some ideas to identify the input parameters which is transfering between front end and back end.

Is there any tool to get the data between these two ends.

Please suggest

Regards,

Aravind

6 REPLIES 6
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The stored process server(s) write(s) a log in which you can find if a certain stored process has been executed at a given time

(.../Lev1/SASApp/StoredProcessServer/Logs)

You can insert statements in the stored process code that lets you more closely follow what is happening

- reroute the log with proc printto

- use put or %put to write additional information to that log

- assign a filename reference to a persistent file and write messages to that file with data _null_ steps to monitor progress

AravindPalanichamy
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Kurt for the suggestion.

I went to the same log file path and i could not able to see the particular Stored process in the log.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Kurt is correct.

You can look for the issue from the SAS side, but it will be easier for you to do it from the start of your request to the Stored Process.

As you are making use of JQuery, I would debug first the front-end (many options, I like the firefox ones) to validate that, at least, the dynamic query (js, AJAX) and if it is OK, then debug the Java application or see the logs from your web application server (Jboss, WebLogic, etc) and your Java application. This is the critical point to realize the origin of your issue.

From the SAS side, you should check the logs in the Metadata server, your object spawner.... a little more complicated, but maybe worthy sooner or later.

AravindPalanichamy
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Juan. But i how to debug the front end. Using firefox means. please elaborate. how to check the error from front side

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

It is possible to install plugins in Firefox for debugging, like one called FireBug, very popular. But if it is your first time to debug and investigate the front end, I think it would be a good idea for you to sit together with an experienced collega on this area.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation