SAS provided content in Forums

Respected Advisor

SAS provided content in Forums

Hi all

For me the SAS communities have the purpose of knowledge sharing and "users help users". The focus is technical. So: "Old fashioned" use groups style.

SAS started lately to add additional content on top of the discussion forums. If such content has a technical focus and provides valuable information (eq. TechSupport FAQ, links to outstanding papers and presentations, "hidden secrets" from SAS insiders, and so on...) then adding such content can be very valuable.

Today in the Data Management forum there was a video posted with a marketing focus. The section took up the top half of my screen (and I've got a big screen) - so before any of the discussions started.

Capture.PNG

I personally don't appreciate such content to take up so much space in the support communities and if I want to look at it then I know that I can find plenty of it under www.sas.com .

I suggest that if SAS wants to continue adding such content then give us a voting button so that over time the content can become what users really want to see here.

What do you think? Am I over the top with this?

Thanks

Patrick

Community Manager

Re: SAS provided content in Forums

Hi Patrick,

I'm sorry you feel this way. We are trying out some new approaches to communities and I really appreciate your feedback. I'll keep it in mind next time that box is refreshed with new content. You mention a few items that would be valuable to highlight "eg, TechSupport FAQ, links to outstanding papers and presentations, "hidden secrets" from SAS insiders, and so on"...any other specifics that come to mind? Anyone else have ideas to add? We'll use these ideas when planning for future pieces.

Best,

Anna

Respected Advisor

Posted in reply to AnnaBrown

Hi,

I think is right on this. Forum members are already sold on SAS, they are the wrong audience for abstract marketing. Other information that would valuable to me is the technical description of new features, as soon as they become available, ranging from tiny options to new procedures.

Cheers

PG

PG
PROC Star

I agree with both Patrick and PGStats.  The same kind of ad is now at the top of the Data Mining forum.

Super Contributor

I agree with you too:smileylaugh:.

Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback, PGStats, Arthur and Linlin, we will keep this in mind when refreshing content surrounding the core discussion threads. Any other ideas, send them on!

Anna

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 5 in conversation