BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RajashreeP
Calcite | Level 5

When I run this code I get the frame as blank, I tried in chrome and explorer as well

ods html path='/folders/myfolders/Testfiles/'
body='htmltest.html'
contents='contents.html'
frame='testframe.html';

ods html body='first.html';
proc print data=work.otptest;

run;

ods HTML close;

10 REPLIES 10
RajashreeP
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for your response, I have tried this code and found no change in the output.I am using SAS University addition does this affect anything on my output.

Note: I can see the output of contents and body as well.frame.PNGbody.PNGcontent.PNG

data work.test;
set sashelp.cars;
if Make='Acura';
run;

ods html path='/folders/myfolders/Testfiles/'
body='htmltest.html'
contents='contents.html'
frame='testframe.html';

proc print data=work.test;
run;

ods HTML close;

I appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

ballardw
Super User

Your results picture shows there is a space after Testframe and Htmltest in the URL, the %20. The (5) would also mean the the frame, which may be looking for "htmltest.html" can't find it to dispaly because the file is actually named "htmltest (5).html".

So it appears that you are not showing the result of the example code or something is remapping file names on you.

RajashreeP
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the response. Now as suggested I have tried opening the file from the folder where it was created instead of downloading it and opening it. It is still a blank FRAME 

Body and contents show the data but not the FRAME. I really have been trying for this but could not see the output of frame for a simple program as well.

Please let me know if I need to change the code ?body.PNGcontent.PNGframe.PNG

ballardw
Super User

I am not sure why the URL is showing "File" but I suspect that is why the links from the frame aren't being opened.

I am using Internet Explorer and just clicking on the testframe.html in the output folder.

What browser are you using and how are you opening the testframe.html?

RajashreeP
Calcite | Level 5

I have opened it with internet explorer 11 and Google chrome.

I am opening the files from the SAS shared folder, which is the path where the file got created (path mentioned in the path=(option)). Also, I accessed the files by clicking on the file names from sas studio.  It is the same every time.

URL when opened with chrome:

file:///E:/SASUniversityEdition/myfolders/Testfiles/testframe.html

URL when opened with internet explorer:

E:\SASUniversityEdition\myfolders\Testfiles\testframe.html

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Look at the links in testframe.html with a text editor. You'll see that they contain the UNIX path names, which do not exist in that form on the Windows side.

Look at the base= option for the ods html statement.

_Gaurav_
Calcite | Level 5

Even i am facing the same issue.Let me know if you got the solution.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@_Gaurav_ wrote:

Even i am facing the same issue.Let me know if you got the solution.

Please post your question in a new thread and in the proper form (examples of data, code and expected vs. real results). Old posts get next to no attention, because they are only visible for the contributors.

_Gaurav_
Calcite | Level 5
Sure..I shall do the same..Thanks for the suggestion

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation