SAS base level certification

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS base level certification

Hi Everyone. I am a new member to this forum. I am Venkta.

I am a Graduate student in Eastern Kentucky University. I just completed my base level SAS training and heading through Advanced SAS. I just want to ask few suggestions here.

1. Is it a good decision to write the certification exam in base SAS now or is it best to write after i complete my training in Advanced SAS?

2. I stay in Kentucky state in USA. May I know what are the testing centers which lay near by?

3.What could be the best possible span of time to practice for the base SAS certification exam after finishing the training in base level?

4.How long usually it takes to complete training in SAS Advanced and Clinical trails?

Looking forward for replys

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎11-09-2014 06:02 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: SAS base level certification

Hi:

Some feedback, ideas for your questions:

1) Did you take the Practice Exam? If you did well on the Practice Exam for the Base Programmer exam, that is an indication that you might consider taking the exam now. While you are a student, you can get a discount voucher for taking the exam. Another argument for taking the exam is that you MUST pass the Base Programmer exam before you attempt the Advanced Programmer exam. So there is not point taking the Advanced Exam until after you take the Base Programmer exam

2) Please go to the Pearson VUE web site SAS Institute Testing with Pearson VUE and search for your testing centers. They have a search by state and zip code.

3) The amount of time you practice is up to you. There is no simple answer to this question. It depends on your comfort level with the programming concepts and how you feel you have learned the concepts. The Practice Exam will give you some idea of how you're doing. Obviously a failing score on the Practice Exam would indicate that you need more study.

4) The training time (just the training time -- if you took instructor-based training in the classroom) for the Advanced Programmer exam would be the duration of each class:

SQL1 (2 days)

Macro 1 (2 days)

Programming 3 (3 days)

And for the Clinical Trials Programmer exam:

Programming 1 (3 days)

Programming 2 (3 days)

Statistics 1 (3 days)

Macro 1 (2 days)

Report Writing 1 (3 days)

But that is the classroom time -- ONLY. That does not include any practice/study time. Nor does it take into account the time that you might spend if you took some of these classes as self-paced e-learning classes. In addition, the Clinical Trials Programmer credential recommends several books and papers that you must read and study separately from classroom training. Please refer to these web sites for information about the recommended preparation for each of these exams. If you click on any course title from the Exam Preparation web site, you will drill down to the web site for the course so you can find out the duration information, offering dates, training formats and other information about each course. In addition, every exam web site has an Exam Registration tab with information about Pearson VUE and registration procedures. There is also an FAQ about the exams here: http://support.sas.com/certify/faq.html

All of these links are available from: SAS Global Certification program

Base Programmer exam: support.sas.com/certify/creds/bp.html#s1=2

Advanced Programmer exam: support.sas.com/certify/creds/ap.html#s1=2

Clinical Trials Programmer exam: support.sas.com/certify/creds/ct.html#s1=2 

In addition, if you search on forums like LinkedIn, there have been quite a few postings by people who have taken the exam on the process and how long it took them to prepare for the exam.

cynthia

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎11-09-2014 06:02 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Some feedback, ideas for your questions:

1) Did you take the Practice Exam? If you did well on the Practice Exam for the Base Programmer exam, that is an indication that you might consider taking the exam now. While you are a student, you can get a discount voucher for taking the exam. Another argument for taking the exam is that you MUST pass the Base Programmer exam before you attempt the Advanced Programmer exam. So there is not point taking the Advanced Exam until after you take the Base Programmer exam

2) Please go to the Pearson VUE web site SAS Institute Testing with Pearson VUE and search for your testing centers. They have a search by state and zip code.

3) The amount of time you practice is up to you. There is no simple answer to this question. It depends on your comfort level with the programming concepts and how you feel you have learned the concepts. The Practice Exam will give you some idea of how you're doing. Obviously a failing score on the Practice Exam would indicate that you need more study.

4) The training time (just the training time -- if you took instructor-based training in the classroom) for the Advanced Programmer exam would be the duration of each class:

SQL1 (2 days)

Macro 1 (2 days)

Programming 3 (3 days)

And for the Clinical Trials Programmer exam:

Programming 1 (3 days)

Programming 2 (3 days)

Statistics 1 (3 days)

Macro 1 (2 days)

Report Writing 1 (3 days)

But that is the classroom time -- ONLY. That does not include any practice/study time. Nor does it take into account the time that you might spend if you took some of these classes as self-paced e-learning classes. In addition, the Clinical Trials Programmer credential recommends several books and papers that you must read and study separately from classroom training. Please refer to these web sites for information about the recommended preparation for each of these exams. If you click on any course title from the Exam Preparation web site, you will drill down to the web site for the course so you can find out the duration information, offering dates, training formats and other information about each course. In addition, every exam web site has an Exam Registration tab with information about Pearson VUE and registration procedures. There is also an FAQ about the exams here: http://support.sas.com/certify/faq.html

All of these links are available from: SAS Global Certification program

Base Programmer exam: support.sas.com/certify/creds/bp.html#s1=2

Advanced Programmer exam: support.sas.com/certify/creds/ap.html#s1=2

Clinical Trials Programmer exam: support.sas.com/certify/creds/ct.html#s1=2 

In addition, if you search on forums like LinkedIn, there have been quite a few postings by people who have taken the exam on the process and how long it took them to prepare for the exam.

cynthia

Occasional Contributor

Thank You for your information.

Also I would like to know how to get that student discount voucher for the registration of the test.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have you clear the exams? Base SAS Certification Questions and answers can help me crack the exam

New User

[ Edited ]

Hi Sandy,

You got almost all information you where looking for, however I wonder what are you doing for your exam practice?

I have pass my BASE PROGRAMMER exam recently and I have practiced on a portal offers online practice exam for all modules. What I noticed is the question these guys have are almost same what i encountered in real exam. Here is the link for your reference www.analyticsexam.com, give a try on this. Hope this will help you in practice.

Dharasana

Occasional Contributor

I am preparing the notes which i got from my SAS trainer. I hope this is more than sufficient. But as well as I would like to practice on the link which you have given me. Also  I would like to know how much does this costs and is it really helpful? And how much time it will take to finish the practice tests? And how many practice tests should be finished minimum to get above 70% in the real exam?

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation