SAS Workspace Pooled Server Validation Error

Occasional Contributor AHD
Occasional Contributor

SAS Workspace Pooled Server Validation Error

Dear All,

While I validate Workspace Pooled Server it gives me below error:

The option name AUTHSERVICE is not known. 

Insufficient information provided for a connection to the metadata server.

Objspawn was unable to launch the server SASApp - Pooled Workspace Server due to the server launch exceeding the specified wait time.

Failed to start the server.

Esteemed Advisor

Re: SAS Workspace Pooled Server Validation Error

What does the metadata server  and the object spawner logs say respectively? If nothing obvious is found there a track to SAS tech support might the proper way forward.

Data never sleeps
Occasional Contributor AHD
Occasional Contributor

Object Spawner Logs gives error as follows: Objspawn was unable to launch the server SASApp - Pooled Workspace Server (A5GFS10N.AZ000006) due to the server launch exceeding the specified wait time. and their is not error in MetaData Logs

Super Contributor

The same error massage here

Objspawn was unable to launch the server server_name due to the server launch exceeding the specifie...

And it suggest to increase the Launch timeout AND investigate the problem.

I am not sure if it is related.

Valued Guide

Check your PWS settings/definitions. It should be able:

-  to connect to the metadataserver (server/dns-names)

- using a dedicated service account by which all work is done. You can verify the script/unix level by using x-server.

The authservice message is indicating something for the identity part. Server (SAS Foundation Services). Could be a misleading one.

Remenber to refresh the objectspawner after every metdata-update. Changes are not notified by the objectspawner all Is getting cached.

This can be a pitfall for the service continuity. A not noticed change can having the impact only seen at a restart. 

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation