BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Aryan
Calcite | Level 5

I have a user defind format which shows proper output while using it in SAS 9.3, I can see the format defination in format library.

But while using the same defination in 9.1 it does not give value or error, more over when I try to open it from the format library it gives error message "No default action for the Format data type."

I need to use it in both the versions of SAS.

Is there some limitation for SAS 9.1?

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

Depends on the format. 

If the user defined format uses some of the new features such as calculations or proc rcmp then it will not work in 9.1. 

Can you show how the format is defined?

You can use:

proc format cntlout=want; run;

And then isolate the format you're interested in to see the logic.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Have you created the format twice - once for 9.1.3 and once for 9.3 - and it is stored in different SAS catalogs?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation