BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pandya
Calcite | Level 5

I have very simple issue.  I want to open a SAS dataset that I have on my local computer, in SAS university edition.

My virtual machine is working fine and I can log in to SAS University Edition (or SAS Studio) without any issues.

I have two questions:

As you can see in the attached picture, I've a dataset called 'Basketball' under the myfolders in SAS Studio.  This is a shared folder with the virtual machine.  The issue is when I click on this file, nothing happens.  SAS Studio takes forever to open it and at the end it crashes.  Any idea why this is the case?

Secondly to solve the issue and at least find out what my file contains, I wrote the following code:

libname mydata '/floders/myfloders/sasuser.v94';

proc print data = mydata.basketball;

run;

Again, nothing happens and SAS Studio keeps running and at the end I get the error message you see in the attache image.

Any idea why this happening?  Any help?

ScreenHunter_02 Feb. 11 21.45.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

try examing only a portion of your data set?

Option obs=100;

how how big is your dataset? Also what browser are you using?

pandya
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the quick response Reeza.  It is a practice dataset, so I wouldn't put it at more than a few KBs, 100 KBs at the most.  Regardless of the dataset, I cannot look at any of the sas tables listed under myfolders.  I would think that by double clicking on any of the datasets listed under myfolders, I should at least be able to see the data and the table should load.  When I double click on any of the datasets, the software simply keeps running. 

I am using Chrome as my browser.  Is there anything that I should do to resolve the issue?

Thank you!

Reeza
Super User

Why cant you look at myfolders?

pandya
Calcite | Level 5

You meant to figure out the file size?

I am in the office right now and I don't have access to SAS studio installed on my personal computer at home for my personal use.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Today is the last day to save with the early bird rate! Register today for just $695 - $100 off the standard rate.

Plus, pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation