BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
swathi123
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi
I am currently working in an IT based company. My team uses SAS a lot, however initially when they
hired me it was a 'nice to have skill'  but was not required.
Now they dont use informatica anymore and switched entirely to SAS.

I have difficulty working since I dont have that programming background and would like to take some classroom based/online training courses from India.
I understand that SAS is demanding. I am kind of debating to take SAS courses online from SAS institute company which cost about more than 4000-5000 dollars vs. going to India and getting a classroom hands on experience/training...

While BASE SAS is comparitively easy, the company I am working with needs more and more

advanced skills including Big Data and advanced SAS.. (Although SAS is more relevant to this forum topics)..
Could some experienced programmers/ students with India based training pls help?
Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User

My 2 cents - courses only get you so far. If you're learning style is learning by hearing someone talk then go for it.

I generally feel that programming can't really be taught that way, but there's enough classes out there to prove me wrong Smiley Happy

That being said, you can buy any of the course note for the official SAS classes for around $100 through their online book store. That seems like a dirt cheap price to me. Additionally, the two SAS certification guides are about $150 a piece which is also cheap for training/certification guides.

Then there is a heck a lot of information on lexjansen.com for when you want to focus on a specific topic.

SAS Tutorials | SAS Training

SAS Training in the U.S. --  First Stats Course is free

Course Notes

http://www.sas.com/store/books/categories/course-notes/cBooks-cbooks_categories-cbooks_categories_99...

Good Luck anyways!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation