BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Hi all, I tried to subscribe to a news feed from the Forum (Unanswered SAS Discussions) but I keep getting the message Unable to download feed This feed download was interrupted. I am using IE10. Do the feeds work for anybody these days?

PG

PG
10 REPLIES 10
reneeharper
SAS Employee

The unanswered thread (https://communities.sas.com/community/feeds/unansweredthreads?community=2007) seems to be working for me. I don't have IE10 on my desktop. I'll connect to a test machine when I get a moment and see if it is working there.

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Any news?

PG
art297
Opal | Level 21

: using the link that Rene provided it worked for me with IE10.  Chrome also was able to access it but, with Chrome, it came across as XML text.

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Thank you for your time Art. Now I know the problem is at my end. Did you have to enter your username and password in the properties of the feed to access the content? - PG

PG
art297
Opal | Level 21

I simply clicked on the link that Rene provided.  I didn't have to enter anything.  However, that may not be the same link that a feed provides.

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Well, clicking that link gets me to the feed subscription page ok. But after I register, the feed doesn't work. I get the message I mentioned earlier, whether I add a username/password property to the feed definition or not.

PG
art297
Opal | Level 21

That I will leave to Rene to respond.

reneeharper
SAS Employee

I can't reproduce the problem so I have others testing it. I hope we get information from them tomorrow.

reneeharper
SAS Employee

Several people in my group have tested the RSS feeds in various browsers and releases. None of us can reproduce the error that you are receiving. We did all use the feed functionality built into the browser.  Are  you using a special feed reader?

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Thank you for your efforts. I am using the built-in feed reader in Internet Explorer version 10. I can read other feeds, i.e. from the BBC, without any problem. - PG

PG

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation