SAS Studio locked up after error message.

Occasional Contributor

SAS Studio locked up after error message.

In SAS Studio, I tried opening a spreadsheet that was empty (that the work library had created). I got an error message "the table _temp0.bloopressure cannot be opened because it has no columns."  No problem--I understood the mistake and closed the message.  But running underneath the message was "opening a table" with the swirling timer that will NOT got away.  I have closed the program, rebooted my computer, everything I can think of.  But when I reopen SAS Studio, the message & timer are still going.  This happened yesterday, and I can't think of anything else to do!

Occasional Contributor

Re: SAS Studio locked up after error message.

This is also happening to me; would like to know how to resolve it!  I cannot uses SAS Studio, University Edition, at all at this point.

Occasional Contributor

It took about 45 minutes of different combinations, including rebooting the computer and re-starting the browser, but here's what worked:

stop and re-start SAS in its virtual machine

re-open SAS Studio University Edition in web browser

do not X out any messages, etc., in the browser window

save state of virtual machine session (end session)

when SAS in browser says it's offline, say "continue" work

right click an open file tab

choose "close all tabs"

in right upper corner of browser window, click "Sign Out"

re-start SAS in virtual machine

re-open SAS in browser

N/A

I am facing the same problem. Wasting hours to figure out how to get rid of th eerror message "the file cannot be opened because it has no columns."  The swirling timer that will NOT got away even after reopening the SAS studio SEVEARL TIMES over hours. Very wasteful stagnation, please advise! Thanks.

Super User

Me too. But When I reload( refresh ) web browser , I can use UE again. Very annoying .

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation