SAS SQL Library for C

Occasional Contributor LXL
Occasional Contributor

SAS SQL Library for C

Hello everyone,How can I use SAS SQL Library for C to get sas data by C++?  please heip me,thank you every much.

Valued Guide

Re: SAS SQL Library for C

Sorry, but don't understand what you plan to do.

Occasional Contributor

Posted in reply to andreas_lds

Thank you for your reply.  I want to use vs c++ to access the SAS dataset by using SAS SQL Library for C,but i do not know how to use it .Do you know how to use it ?

Community Manager

Can you tell us about your final objective?  Are you trying to read a local SAS data set or a remote data set from a SAS server?  SAS has packaged two OLE DB data providers -- one for local and one for remote (Integration Technologies).  These can be easily incorporated into custom Windows applications.  You can use SQL syntax to address/filter data.

See some examples here:

https://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/tag/ole-db/

And here:

Create your own client app with SAS Integration Technologies

Occasional Contributor

Posted in reply to ChrisHemedinger

hello,I wnat to use VS C++ to access the SAS dataset ,the method is optional,the simpler is the better,do you know about using ODBC or OLEDB to acess the data,which is easier to reach my goal? Could you provide some references about this to me ? Thank you very much.

Super User

Find information here: https://support.sas.com/downloads/package.htm?pid=2171

You need a SAS/SHARE and SAS/IntrNet license and a properly set up SAS/SHARE server.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
How to convert datasets to data steps
How to post code
Occasional Contributor

Posted in reply to KurtBremser
Thank you,I know this,and i have downloaded this library,but i do not know how to use this library.Can you tell me how to use it in details? Thank you very much.
Super User

After installation, I'd go looking for the .h header files and the .a or .so library file(s). Add the path to the library files to your LIBPATH environment variable, so the compiler can pick it up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
How to convert datasets to data steps
How to post code
Occasional Contributor

OK,Thank you very much,you are so kind.

Occasional Contributor

Could you tell me that what is the easiest method for me to use VC++ to acess SAS dataset? Thank you every much.
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation