BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LXL
Fluorite | Level 6 LXL
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello everyone,How can I use SAS SQL Library for C to get sas data by C++?  please heip me,thank you every much.

9 REPLIES 9
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Sorry, but don't understand what you plan to do.

LXL
Fluorite | Level 6 LXL
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you for your reply.  I want to use vs c++ to access the SAS dataset by using SAS SQL Library for C,but i do not know how to use it .Do you know how to use it ?

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Can you tell us about your final objective?  Are you trying to read a local SAS data set or a remote data set from a SAS server?  SAS has packaged two OLE DB data providers -- one for local and one for remote (Integration Technologies).  These can be easily incorporated into custom Windows applications.  You can use SQL syntax to address/filter data.

See some examples here:

https://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/tag/ole-db/

And here:

Create your own client app with SAS Integration Technologies

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
LXL
Fluorite | Level 6 LXL
Fluorite | Level 6

hello,I wnat to use VS C++ to access the SAS dataset ,the method is optional,the simpler is the better,do you know about using ODBC or OLEDB to acess the data,which is easier to reach my goal? Could you provide some references about this to me ? Thank you very much.

LXL
Fluorite | Level 6 LXL
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you,I know this,and i have downloaded this library,but i do not know how to use this library.Can you tell me how to use it in details? Thank you very much.
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

After installation, I'd go looking for the .h header files and the .a or .so library file(s). Add the path to the library files to your LIBPATH environment variable, so the compiler can pick it up.

LXL
Fluorite | Level 6 LXL
Fluorite | Level 6

OK,Thank you very much,you are so kind.

LXL
Fluorite | Level 6 LXL
Fluorite | Level 6
Could you tell me that what is the easiest method for me to use VC++ to acess SAS dataset? Thank you every much.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation