11-06-2014 09:53 AM
We are seeking a SAS Programmer for a client of ours in the North Chicago area specializing in pharmaceutical R&D.
Accountable for developing software code and associated life cycle deliverables for PC and Mainframe applications. Interprets process, data modules, and business requirements into software code. Analyzes, designs, develops, implements and maintains moderate to complex computer programs and subsystems. Performs all of the steps required to design, test, and code such programs. Develops procedures and operating instructions, and successfully moves programs into production. Provides production support through problems analysis and resolution to correct deficiencies. Performs assignments under direct supervision.
1. Base SAS module and PC SAS (which is a separate installation on each PC with 50 licenses.)
2. HP Unix environment
3. Multiple SAS versions, SAS 9.1.3, SAS 9.2 and 9.3. The SAS programmers write programs to do calculation on DATAsets generated by OCX and CDX (from OC and LSH) to generate reports.
This project involves modification of SAS programs, Unix shell scripts and working with other application interfacing with SAS environment. Experience with Linux/Unix environment and shell scripting is required. Customization of GNOME X Windows is desirable
Analyze problem or new request; design problem or new request resolution; familiar with SDLC methodologies; develop program specifications; design testing requirements; code modules according to specifications and client standards; prepare test plan and test modules; develop program and system documentation; conduct program and system implementation; maintain application production environment; respond and resolve production problems; and respond and resolve user inquiries.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business Administration or equivalent training or work experience.
• Minimum of two years as a software developer.
• GNOME X is highly desirable
• Fluency in Linux/Unix environment and shell scripting is required