BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sameer112217
Quartz | Level 8

Hello Everyone,

Suppose I have one dimension in OLAP cube called Customer and with hierarchy with same name called customer and in that I have four levels

Customer Age

Customer_gender

Country

Customer_id

I want to add a level with a name "customer_name" and want it to associate with customer_id.. how can I do that?

Is it by adding member level property to customer_id or just add customer level behind placing it after customer_id in the hierarchy or by level attribute. My analysis is that you have to add member level property. Please suggest.

For more information, please refer to the attached picture

5 REPLIES 5
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
I hope that picture isn't from a certification exam.
Also, are you just reading about this? Having access to SAS makes it much easier to learn.
The title of this post is very confusing, sounds like quite different topic...

For your question I think both options are available. So it depends on how you wish to use the name. But if you are clear about adding it as a level, then you add it to the hierarchy.
Data never sleeps
sameer112217
Quartz | Level 8

IT is a certification questions and I failed in the exam because SAS BI notes are horrible online... worst.. I asked for a help and I intend to reappear in the exam with clarrifying doubts on questions which I am not sure.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

You should not take pictures on the exam questions, and definitely not spread them - can cause you to be banned from certification in the future.

Data never sleeps
sameer112217
Quartz | Level 8

Pictures from exam? have you heard about dumps? it is that my dear. When SAS has worst notes for SAS BI, I have to clarity. There is one book for Andrea Tricia and it is the worst book which to understand SAS BI content developer...

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Hello, I am a community manager on the SAS Support Communities. I understand your frustration around the exam, however, it is not appropriate to share images from the exam. Therefore, I have edited your post to remove the image. I have also contacted the SAS certiication team in hopes they can offer some you some guidance.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation