BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vishal_prof_gmail_com
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I have a questions regarding different storage options available for Cube Aggregations.

I want to know whether we have to specify the Agggregation form as MOLAP / ROLAP / HOLAP in  OLPA Cube wizard or SAS by itself decides the storage form based on the way Cube is built.

Like:

if we specify some Aggregations in Aggregation dialog box  and no NWAY Aggregation then it is HOLAP.

if both Aggregations and NWAY Aggregation is specified then  MOLAP

and if none of then is mentioned then ROLAP.

Can someone through some light on how storage mechanism is decided by SAS OLAP Server?

Regards,

Vishal

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I think this explains the general concepts in necessary detail:

SAS(R) 9.4 OLAP Server: User's Guide, Second Edition

Data never sleeps
vishal_prof_gmail_com
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi ,

Thanks for the comment.  I had actually gone through the document , it very clearly explains the concepts of different storage however how do we specify the storage options is still missing. Is it a part of Cube designing process or is it interpreted by the OLAP server from the cube design ?

Vishal

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation