BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
hpanasa2002
Calcite | Level 5

Hello all !!

I am a student and really new to SAS, and I do not have SAS OLAP SERVER and have only base SAS installed on my computer. Can some one please provide me with the sample cube that is generated from PRDSALE so that I can directly work on it using Enterprise guide. I really need this to satisfy a subject credit.

Any help would be really appreciated and remembered !!

Thanks,

Harsha

8 REPLIES 8
Reeza
Super User

The name is the same as the sashelp.prdsale data set installed on any SAS install so if its the same you should be able to get the same numbers if that's all you need.

hpanasa2002
Calcite | Level 5

Reeza, the problem is I dont have the OLAP SERVER in order to create the cube for it !! If some one can give me the cube I can go ahead and work on it using SAS EG ...

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

You need OLAP Server for browsing a cube as well, I believe...

Data never sleeps
Reeza
Super User

What do you need from the cube for your assignment? 

hpanasa2002
Calcite | Level 5

I need to implement the calculations and functions mentioned in this paper : http://www.stratia.ca/papers/olap_mdx.pdf

hpanasa2002
Calcite | Level 5

It would be really helpful if you can provide the cube !! May be I could try and see whether its working or not !!

Reeza
Super User

I can't.

The export option puts it as a dataset and that you already have in SASHELP. I'm fairly certain the OLAP cube needs to be on a server, so if you don't have a server you're out of luck.

A very long cumbersome way is to download SQL Server Lite, export PRDSALES, create an OLAP cube with SQL Server and then connect EG to the SQL Server.

hpanasa2002
Calcite | Level 5

Oh !! got you !! but thank a lot for helping me through !! would really consider the alternative if I have no other option !! Smiley Happy

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation