SAS Model Manager Tutorial: Life Cycle Template not showing up after upload

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS Model Manager Tutorial: Life Cycle Template not showing up after upload

I am following the SAS(R) Model Manager 12.1 Tutorial and am on the 'Upload the Life Cycle Template' step of Tutorial 1.

After following the steps to upload the template, I see it displayed in the Browse Templates window of the SAS Model Manager Template Editor, however, the template does not show up in the Life Cycle perspective within the SAS Model Manager window - even after a refresh.

Any help would be appreciated!

MM,

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎05-04-2015 04:48 PM
SAS Employee

Re: SAS Model Manager Tutorial: Life Cycle Template not showing up after upload

The often made mistakes are that users do not add a customized participant to SAS Metadata Repository.  If you strictly follow the tutorial, you probably have MM Tutorial Assignees and MM Tutorial Approvers as participants for your template. Make sure you also created those two user groups follow instructions on page 26 and 27 of that the tutorial.

To determine if the template you created were loaded successfully by SAS Model Manager, you can check the SASModelManager12.1.log, which is located at the following directory: <sasConfig>\Config\Lev1\Web\Logs. Check if there is any complain about MM Tutorial Assignees or MM Tutorial Approvers. You should see something like the following:

2014-01-13 15:33:43,663 [http-0.0.0.0-8080-11] INFO  [sastrust] com.sas.analytics.modelmanager.core.template.URIComponentFactory - Loaded extensions: Tutorial Life Cycle

If you used your own participants, then you need to make sure you have them defined in SAS Metadata Repository.

Hopefully this helps.

View solution in original post

All Replies
SAS Employee

Hi,

In the Life Cycle Templates perspective/view, did you right-click the Templates folder and click Refresh?  Or did you try to refresh the window a different way?  After logging out and back in the SAS Model Manager is it still not appearing?  Also, did you check to see if it is appearing in the New Version window?

-KA

New Contributor

Yes, I have tried clicking refresh. I have even tried logging out and back in. Still no luck.

MM

Solution
‎05-04-2015 04:48 PM
SAS Employee

The often made mistakes are that users do not add a customized participant to SAS Metadata Repository.  If you strictly follow the tutorial, you probably have MM Tutorial Assignees and MM Tutorial Approvers as participants for your template. Make sure you also created those two user groups follow instructions on page 26 and 27 of that the tutorial.

To determine if the template you created were loaded successfully by SAS Model Manager, you can check the SASModelManager12.1.log, which is located at the following directory: <sasConfig>\Config\Lev1\Web\Logs. Check if there is any complain about MM Tutorial Assignees or MM Tutorial Approvers. You should see something like the following:

2014-01-13 15:33:43,663 [http-0.0.0.0-8080-11] INFO  [sastrust] com.sas.analytics.modelmanager.core.template.URIComponentFactory - Loaded extensions: Tutorial Life Cycle

If you used your own participants, then you need to make sure you have them defined in SAS Metadata Repository.

Hopefully this helps.

New Contributor

I was dependent on our SAS Admins to create the users and upload the dataset - I should have verified it.

After having changed the participants to ones that are already defined in the SAS Metadata Repository, the template does show up.

Thank you jifwei!

MM

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation