SAS Meta - Connecting Issue

Frequent Contributor

SAS Meta - Connecting Issue

Hi,When i am connecting SAS meta from my client machine,it throwing the ERROR like this :

"This application server definition is invalid because it is missing a workspace definition ."

Kindly help me on this.What I have to do next?

Super User

Re: SAS Meta - Connecting Issue

Contact your SAS server administrator...

Data never sleeps
Frequent Contributor

thanks for your reply.In my team,there is no sas server administrator.

I need to do that job.I am new to SAS.

If you know the steps,kindly help on this.

I am working on SAS 9.2 and SAS data integrator studio.

Occasional Contributor

Hi Helannivas,

I'm afraid you'll need to have someone assigned as a SAS Administrator and get him trained. Otherwise, you'll have a very bad experience using the SAS platform.

For your problem, I recommend searching on how to create a Workspace server. Usually this should have been done during the installation. Has this ever worked before? If so, you should look at what changed have been done recently.

Thanks,

Yoan

Frequent Contributor

Thanks Yoan , Actually the server installation and configuration are done by client.

We installed DI studio client and we are accessing the server.

We have not worked before.

Occasional Contributor

You should look on the server for an instruction.html file that will provide some extra configurations steps that need to be done once the initial installation is completed. One of those step is to define the different servers (Workspace, Stored Process, etc...). The person who did the installation might have missed a step or completely ignored that file.

You should discuss with your client for the possibility of hiring a consultant with experience installing and configurating SAS in a server environment. The "standard" installation does the job for simple installations but it does not take into account the specific needs of each company. It should be considered as a start point to build a functionnal environment.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation