BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SAS_1001
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I've a 3 Tier SAS environment, Metadata, SASApp and Mid-Tier.  I've received the SAS license file.  My questions is that will we be able to apply this license file on all the servers ?  Do we have one license file to apply on all the servers or 3 different files?

Please advise !

Thanks & appreciated.

-P

5 REPLIES 5
Ksharp
Super User

Should be 3 different files.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

License file ...?   Please explain.

You are probably getting a sid file. This one is use for installation on all machines.

It is having a setinit file included that one is the classic way of applying a license file.

The license process is updating the sascore.sas7bcat file as that one is the central license check for sas processes.

With lsf you have an other licensing policy

As far I know the mid tier is not having any license protected file in those processes.

You need to update 2 machines the metadata server and the sas appserver.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
SAS_1001
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Jaap,

Is this is definite answer that we need just two license file one to be applied in metadata and one in sasapp server? 

Appreciated !

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Should be the same as implied in your sid file

Remember the sid should be the one that confirms your contract agreement

---->-- ja karman --<-----
SAS_1001
Obsidian | Level 7

Please note that I don't have access to SID file.  I just have fresh license files that needs to be applied.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation