BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BruceBrad
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Is it possible to configure SAS so that the Help search only returns results for the SAS products that I have installed? It's a real pain to wade through lots of irrelevant stuff when searching for syntax help.

6 REPLIES 6
OS2Rules
Obsidian | Level 7

In addition I would like to see the Online web search default to "Documentation" for the SAS version that you have installed.  Most searches I do return far too many results that have nothing to do with what I am looking for. 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

What SAS client are you using? EG or full SAS? With full SAS you get SAS OnlineDoc application, or with EG it can be optionally added (except it doesn't appear to be listed for 9.4 Smiley Sad). In my opinion it is far superior to SAS web help if you want syntax help:

screenshot3.jpg

BruceBrad
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I'm using the full 9.4 (EG is installed but I'm not using it). For example, if I type 'max' (without quotes) into the quick search box in help, it is not until the 11th item that you find the basic reference to the max function. The previous references are for all sorts of subsidiary products, some of which I don't (think) I have installed. I do have a few of them installed (OR, IML, DS2) so I guess my request is really that the SAS foundation (or even Base SAS) items get precedence.

Google is actually much better. Typing 'sas max 9.4' gives me the item on the max function as the first item. (4th item in Bing).

SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you have full 9.4 SAS, do you get the SAS Documentation and Help too (Help Menu in SAS Display Manager - Program Editor etc), or are you just relying on web help? The SAS Documentation and Help is specific to SAS 9.4.

screenshot4.jpg  

BruceBrad
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I have Help and Documentation installed on the PC.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

In my opinion that is the best option for syntax help.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation