BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
leit7777
Calcite | Level 5

We are in the process of upgrading our SAS environment from v9.1.3 (WRS and SAS Portal) and v9.2 (Analytics) to v9.4 and moving to a SAS Grid environment.  We are looking for a company that has gone through this type of migration to gage the challenges with such a move.  Was hoping someone on this site might be able to assist.

2 REPLIES 2
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I haven't been into this situation, but have a fair knowledge of different SAS architecture set ups.

Please describe the scenario in more detail, what will the target environment look like? What kind of users and queries will there be beside WRS/Portal?

Since WRS is not grid-enabled, what are your expectations how this will co-exist?

Data never sleeps
leit7777
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the response!  So we are currently running v9.1.3 on AIX boxes (P5).  We have a group of Analytic users on v9.2.  The plan is to migrate all our users to a SAS Grid implementation using v9.4 and EG v6.1.  We have about 600 reports on WRS/Portal and about 450 users.  We tried upgrading our v9.1.3 users to v9.2 for WRS/Portal and it failed miserably.  We want to confirm the bugs have been ironed out and someone has gone through a migration like this and what challenges there are with that type of migration.

When you say WRS/Portal is not Grid enabled, what do you mean?  I think this is the first time I'm hearing that statement.

Appreciate any information you can provide.

Thanks!

Al

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation