SAS FM with DDS

Occasional Contributor

SAS FM with DDS

Have anyone used Financial Management with DDS for industries (Banking or Insurance)?  We are planning to use FM but it would be useful that data source were DDS and not source systems

Esteemed Advisor

Re: SAS FM with DDS

The obvious answer is yes. Do you have any more specific questions to this large architectural subject?

Data never sleeps
Respected Advisor

From what I know SAS FM is a very specialized SAS solution. I would recommend to get the support from SAS (pre-sales/professional services) or from a specialized SAS partner to get this right. Your SAS account manager should be able to help you with this.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Patrick

I am a SAS Partner and I had installed and deployed SAS FM in some clients but only FM, so the data extracted from source systems we loaded it into FM Stage Area.  Now we have a new requirement in other client that already have DDS for Banking, and they want to use DDS as only source data to any BI or specific solution like FM.

Respected Advisor

Hi

As much as I know also the current FM version still uses a staging model (and then comes with a set of pre-fabricated ETL's to load data from this model into FM). So if your client is using DDS for Banking then I assume you would have to map this model into the FM staging model. Not sure if you could simply do this by building views over the DDS which are in the structure of the staging model or if you would actually need to replicate data.

I would assume that as a SAS partner it shouldn't be too difficult for you to get such questions answered by SAS.

Valued Guide

Patricks advice is a good one. The things that I would add to that: The solutions are done on top of SAS BI/DI. Make sure you understand that well to recognize what it is about. Some independent consultancy when you are feel to be in an unequal position.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Respected Advisor

I've proposed SAS or a SAS partner because for such specialized solutions you will want support from someone with a rather direct reach into the SAS internal global support network.

Esteemed Advisor

If the question is to use the DDS or not: I think that the Solutions Services DDS is a requirement for a complete FM solution, and not optional. But as Patrick already suggested, you need assistance.

Data never sleeps
Valued Guide

If you known to BI/DI the DDS  for banking admin doc is open to look at. SAS Detail Data Store for Banking.  The insurance part is locked but the retails is again open. You will see the Detailed Data Store is about a predefined structure.  

DatAnalítica | Convertimos los datos en Información y la Información en Estrategias  Any special information?

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Esteemed Advisor

FM was initially tied to Solution Services DDS, not banking/insurance industry DDS models. This since FM can by used by clients in (m)any industries.

If it's possible to integrate (or is already integrated) with industry solutions DDS, that has to be answered by SAS.

Great with the banking link!

Data never sleeps
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 in conversation