BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Bilawal
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am facing problem in excel add-on. The issue encountered here is that only 2 cubes are not accessible anymore in OLAP server in excel 2007. Rest of the cubes are visible and working fine.

I have checked the permissions and its same as for other cubes. Kindly help in resolving issue. Thanks

Regards,

Bilawal Sarwar

SAS Cubes.png
7 REPLIES 7
Bilawal
Calcite | Level 5

Yes the cube is accessible there with same userID

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If I interpret your .png right, you try to find something in the OLAP Server that also appears in the Workspace Server(s)

The Workspace Server (at least in my installation) can only let you access libraries and tables, _not_ cubes.

I suspect that you often have cubes with the same name as the table that they were built from, but some tables do not have an "associated" cube. Without a cube, you can't find anything in the OLAP server.

Bilawal
Calcite | Level 5

Actually the cubes were visible before 10th JUL 2014. After that those 2 cubes are not accessible. All other cubes are visible and working fine. I just want to know is there any specific property for cubes to hide or something besides authentication rights

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Are the cubes still visible in OLAP Cube Studio? From your .png, I suspect that the cubes have been deleted and only their respective tables still exist.

Bilawal
Calcite | Level 5

Yes Cubes are visible and everything is fine except those 2 cubes.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation