BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AllSoEasy
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi --

Apologies if this isn't the best community section to post this in, I didn't see any communities on Enterprise Guide in particular.

In SAS Enterprise Guide 7.1 (on my Windows 7 machine) I am trying to open the 'Editor Options' (Tools->Options->SAS Programs->Editor Options...), and I get an "Application Error" from Enterprise Guide, and it won't allow me to access the Editor Options, which I want to do to add font colors, and add line numbers.

This is the error message:

Error MessageError MessageSystem ConfigurationSystem Configuration

Does anyone have any ideas on what's going on and how I can fix this? Please let me know if I can provide any additional information. Thank you very much.

3 REPLIES 3
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Had the same problem some weeks ago, installing latest windows updates solved the issue, that was caused by an windows update, can't remember which one it was. Contacting tech-support is recommended if the problem persists.

AllSoEasy
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi andreas_Ids,

Thank you for your reply!

That's what I'm seeing when I try Googling the issue as well; however it's odd because my Windows hasn't had any particular updates recently, and I actually have two virtual Windows PCs, both on the same exact version of Windows, and I only have this issue on one of the PCs. Tech-support hasn't been able to provide an answer, and so I'm at a bit of a loss.

Is there no work-around or any other potential solutions? I just want to edit the Editor fonts/colors...the dark text against white background really kills my eyes when coding. Not to mention line numbers would be great haha.

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Check the installed windows updates regarding .net and see https://github.com/Microsoft/dotnet/issues/599.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation