SAS Enterprise Guide -- Application Error when Attempting to Open 'Editor Options'

Frequent Contributor

SAS Enterprise Guide -- Application Error when Attempting to Open 'Editor Options'

Hi --

Apologies if this isn't the best community section to post this in, I didn't see any communities on Enterprise Guide in particular.

In SAS Enterprise Guide 7.1 (on my Windows 7 machine) I am trying to open the 'Editor Options' (Tools->Options->SAS Programs->Editor Options...), and I get an "Application Error" from Enterprise Guide, and it won't allow me to access the Editor Options, which I want to do to add font colors, and add line numbers.

This is the error message:

image.pngError Messageimage.pngSystem Configuration

Does anyone have any ideas on what's going on and how I can fix this? Please let me know if I can provide any additional information. Thank you very much.

Occasional Contributor

Re: SAS Enterprise Guide -- Application Error when Attempting to Open 'Editor Options'

Posted in reply to AllSoEasy

Hi,

Some people having the same error and it's related with KB4055532, which is a .NET 4.7.1 security update for Windows 7 / Server 2008 released on January 9th.

Frequent Contributor

Re: SAS Enterprise Guide -- Application Error when Attempting to Open 'Editor Options'

Posted in reply to NunoTGrunho

Thanks for the reply.

I suppose I will just wait for the next round of security updates and hope that it will be fixed. In the meantime, it doesn't appear that I can find a workaround.

Thanks for the help & info anyway!

Occasional Contributor

Posted in reply to AllSoEasy
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation