BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rajesh_k_jha_accenture_com
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Team,

I am getting below exception and error while Transposing a dataset in SAS. Can anyone please help me on this?

ERROR: An exception has been encountered.
Please contact technical support and provide them with the following traceback information:

The SAS task name is [TRANSPOSE]
ERROR: Read Access Violation TRANSPOSE
Exception occurred at (0CEBEA19)
Task Traceback
Address Frame (DBGHELP API Version 4.0 rev 5)

Thanks in advance for your help,

Regards,

Rajesh

4 REPLIES 4
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Close your session completey, open a new fresh session, run your program up to that point.  I.e. test its not just something clogged up in your session.  Re-run your code, do it step by step, make sure everything needed for the step is present - i.e. no errors/warnings, data present etc, so the code should function.  Etc. debug as far as you can.

If it does it again, then I would suggest doing as the text states, contact technical support with that information. Could be any number of things.

Reeza
Super User

Does it happen everytime you run the code or is it a one time occurence? Also, without the code, there's no way to tell what the issue might be.

rajesh_k_jha_accenture_com
Calcite | Level 5

HI Reeza,

It is happening with certain specific data but not with every input  data. So, trying to find out the reason and pattern which is causing this issue:

Below is the SAS code, which i am trying to execute:

libname test "C:\Rajesh\HRA\AL_CERT\Input_May_06\test_datasets";

PROC TRANSPOSE DATA= test.ac_cert_check OUT=al_cert_check_tr;
BY A--AE;
VAR AF--JW;
RUN;

For reference, I have attached the input dataset.

Regards,

Rajesh

Tim_SAS
Barite | Level 11

SAS should never fail with this kind of error. Contact SAS Technical Support. They're in the best position to be able to diagnose the problem and provide you with a fix or workaround.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation