02-26-2015 03:39 AM
I want following functionalities can someone suggest which products I should consider.
(1) Based on existing DW I need to create OLAP cubes
(2) Based on OLAP cubes I need to create Interactive Dashboards targeting Desktop system and iOS and Android based tablets
(3) User Access Control system for dashboard access
(4) Dashboard Pre-set templates are templates with KPIs that are already available for Users immediately use when the Dashboard is implemented.
(5) Users can personalize and create New Dashboard Templates based on the configurable Layouts
02-26-2015 11:38 AM
Either would work for your Reporting/Visualization requirements. SAS VA gives the flexibility of avoiding being tied down to particular/fixed Dimensions and Drill Hierarchies. You or your Power users can compose run-time Drill paths during the Report Design phase.
SAS EBI & SAS VA have settle hardware & Infrastructure requirement differences. SAS VA is about 100% RAM centric because of the LASR Analytic Server, but still requires CPU horse power, where as SAS EBI strikes a little bit more balanced dependencies on CPU/RAM/Disk I/O.
I would recommend you review the differences using broader set of aspects and considerations beyond Reporting/Visualization needs. Just a thought!
02-26-2015 11:51 AM
I agree with Ahmed that either would meet your outlined requirements... under ideal hardware/infrastructure setup. I lean more towards recommending VA simply because of (a) in-memory processing and (b) slight ease of development/automation advantage, of and (c) self-service/user experience...
02-26-2015 12:53 PM
Reading the Requirements again, I believe "Dashboards targeting Desktop system and iOS and Android based tablets" makes the choice tilt towards SAS VA, as it has native support for mobile, whereas SAS EBI would/used to require additional software (Roambi ES for SAS) for such requirements http://support.sas.com/software/products/wrs/index.html#s1=1