BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Allaluiah
Quartz | Level 8

HI SAS BI Folks,

SAS BI reporting problem

The Business users or Information consumers at my organization would like to view dynamic reports on the web at their desk without having to learn any SAS for their decision making. In our SAS Environment, we do not have Information delivery portal. At our IT centre, we are stuck in figuring out the right SAS BI component to perform the task. We have been given a report style template in an excel spreadsheet and have been told that's the format and style they want to see using web and it has to be made dynamic.

Would the ideal solution be Stored processes(in EG or DI studio) or WRS or something else? If you can suggest me the right technique, can you please support in explaining me why?

5 REPLIES 5
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Reviewed SAS-VA?

---->-- ja karman --<-----
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I think you need to detail your requirements to get more valuable advice.

One thing that often happens is that user tend to ask for standard reporting, but in the end they have very specific requirements that they think needs be fulfilled.

Your main SAS options are:

• Stored process are for tailored reports, EG would be the preferred development tool for this. DI Studio manages ETL-flows etc, which could be nice if your reporting environment has some substantially amount of data. But for reporting, no.
  • OLAP Cubes
  • WRS - standard reports, not very customizable, but handle lists, cross tabs, graphs, simple drill downs
  • Something else would be as Jaap suggests, Visual Analytics. Besides being a standard reporting tool, it's awesome for data discovery and simpler analysis tasks. But the UI is not very customizable.

With this, there is an add-in for MS Office which initially came with Enterprise BI Server, but can be connected to VA as well. Here you can open data, StP, tasks (wizards), OLAP cubes and reports.

Take a look a the SAS product pages, there are some on-line demos available as well.

Data never sleeps
Allaluiah
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

My requirement is for a Banking and financial services project and the objective is Financial consolidation report. I guess it's pretty much standard yearly reporting and monthly reporting. Precisely speaking summary reports, pivot tables, and some listing. Does that really help Sir?

The front end users want to just click and view at ease. And my job at the back end is to create the whole thing if you know what i mean:).

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

My advice is contact a SAS sales representative to get help on the user requirements, and have them suggest a package for you. Optionally contact a more independent consultant so you can feel that you are entirely in the hands of an Institute sales person.

Data never sleeps
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Not really help allaluiah, There was a complete serie blogs on bcbs239 (basel III) http://blogs.sas.com/content/sascom/2014/06/23/series-bcbs-239-principle-12/

You are only mentioning the "financial consolidation report", with hat I am finding http://www.sas.com/resources/factsheet/sas-financial-mgmt-factsheet.pdf

Not knowing if this is what you want going for an investigation on SAS docs http://support.sas.com/software/products/fm/index.html

The documentation is closed but the system-requirements can be seen. choose Linux and win-64 and all the products in that are shown.
http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikfmofrsr/67234/HTML/default/index.html

It is the whole BI/DI suite metadataserver olap server midtier, ETS, forecastserver, webtier, portal ESri, EGuide,  AMO. (forgot to mention SAS-VA)
That is quite a lot.

What I am not seeing is enterprise miner, text miner. That is more predictive analytics for marketing purpose. IML is not there and advanced Analytics also not.

That is also quite a lot.

A solution is more thinking as a solution. The components are still there but not assembled separately with the license.
Compare to the automotive.  You are buying a family-car or one for business transport. You do not split them in many parts to compose something on your own. The integration and support for your business is your local question to solve not the one of automotive manufacturers.   

Of course you can still build it on your own or compose something on your own. That is your choice.   

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation