BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
FarazA_Qureshi
Calcite | Level 5

Is there any good comprehensive example of a development in VBA or VB.Net so as to develop a simple VB sub procedure to run a SAS program, import in Excel a dataset generated by the same and thereafter carryout the Excel VBA/VB Macros. Please see if you can refer to a simple developing and good learning source of information.

Thanx in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

Many examples of what I've seen people do with data exported from SAS to Excel could have had the steps done in Excel within SAS first. I would strongly suggest looking at these projects to see if everything could be done in one platform to minimize maintenance issues.

For example, code that I learned for SAS in 1987 still runs. There may be better ways to accomplish some of the tasks now but the code works. I'm not sure you can say that upgraded versions of Excel has kept compatibility of code that well.

FarazA_Qureshi
Calcite | Level 5

No doubt Ballard! The steps are sought to be carried out in SAS first but to run the SAS macros from VB VB.Net or VBA I haven't found any way yet to input the arguments to the same SAS macros. Furthermore, as I was advised to use ODS rather than DDE I have not been able to locate any good user friendly example in terms of reformatting, manipulating or placing the data in custom ways on worksheets. Even no reply was received on my question

https://communities.sas.com/thread/49300

With a VB.Net and VBA background sure have found the same to be having a good interactivity with DBMS and Office Suite.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation