SAS DI Runtime Statistics write to a viewable table

Occasional Contributor

SAS DI Runtime Statistics write to a viewable table

IAs an organisation we are rolling out the use of SAS DI throughout but need to track the performance and runtime statistics of individual jobs and transformations.

Is there a simple way of writing the runtime statistics to a separate table (I can create a separate library/table to hold this info) and if so how would I go about it.

Thanks

Steve

Super Contributor

Re: SAS DI Runtime Statistics write to a viewable table

Hi Steve,

You can directly export the statistics from DI studio to CSV file.Please see below.statistics.png

or you can collect Statistics using ARM logging information if it configured

When jobs are run interactively in SAS Data Integration Studio, ARM logging is used to collect performance-related events, which are displayed in the SAS Data Integration Studio application.

Hope this helps..

Thanks,

Shiva

Occasional Contributor

Hi,

thanks for the response... I am aware that you can save to a .csv file from the runtime statistics tbl that is displayed... What I need is how I can create a table within a job that collects the statistics in a similar format to the runtime statistics that are displayed below.

We need to be able to then insert the table (different names of course) into each job that we are performing to analyse the statistics from that job so we have a permanent record of performance...

Thanks

Steve

Occasional Contributor

Hi

You can look into following link:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bisag/63132/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n1ht38185smqd9n1ic2f...

Else you can create a macro code which you can run to collect the statistics and place it in ur permanent  table

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Rocky, we are going to investigate whether we can deploy the package as mentioned in the above link but we are running 4.2 not 4.3.

In regards to the other part of your response, you wouldnt happen to have the macro code which collects the statistics to write to a permanent table at all?

Thanks

Steve

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation