BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
swathi123
Obsidian | Level 7

All,

I have several questions about base sas certification exam.

Are we allowed to use pc sas /base sas software during the exam?

Or do we just have to imagine what result we will get upon execution and click the answers

Also is it a computer based or paper based test.

Will I be able to take the test next week if I select an exam date slot today?

If anyone could tell me more about the exam experience that will be great

Pls help.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

No, its a multiple choice exam via a computer system and you can't bring anything in with you. Simply select A/B/C/D/E as the correct answer.

The questions are horribly written and unclear.  If you are familiar with the Base Certification Guide you'll be fine. You can purchase a sample exam from the SAS website if you're interested.

It relies heavily on importing and dealing with text files so if you're familiar with that you'll be good.  I rarely deal with those, mostly connect to databases/excel files so it was a bit of an issue for me, but I did well on all the other sections.

Availability of test slots depends on the agency, you book online so that should be easy enough to check.

CAVEAT: This applies to North America, not sure how it is in other parts of the world.

Good luck Smiley Happy

mohamed_zaki
Barite | Level 11

What do you mean by "how many answers are correct?"

The most of the questions have only one correct answers and some questions _which are minority_ have more than one correct answers and you can notice that from the question and the exam system gives you the ability to choose more than one answers.

Reeza
Super User

SAS Global Certification program

I think the pass mark was 60% though it could be 70%.

Score Report

You will receive an immediate pass/fail score upon completion of your exam attempt at your testing facility. The score report will display the percentage of items in each section that you answered correctly for your exam. Please note: These section scores are calculated on a per section basis and cannot be used in determining your total score. They are provided to you for descriptive purposes only.

Sections:

• import and export raw data files
  • manipulate and transform data
  • combine SAS data sets
  • create basic detail and summary reports using SAS procedures
  • identify and correct data, syntax and programming logic errors.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation