SAS Certification Prep Guide: Base Programming for SAS 9, 3rd Ed - Reporting Errors

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS Certification Prep Guide: Base Programming for SAS 9, 3rd Ed - Reporting Errors

I'm studying the Base Programming certification prep guide (3rd ed). In Chapter 3, at the top of page 104, is written, "(You can learn about DO-END pairs in .)"  In... what? Another chapter, I presume, but maybe not. I don't see a reference in the book to a SAS site with errata, but after searching via Google I did find what seems to be the appropriate errata for the book I have (same ISBN) and it does not include this missing info. Would a SAS trainer please tell me what the missing info should state? Also, is there a particular SAS support community or other SAS web site to which errors in certification prep guides should be submitted?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎08-05-2015 04:07 PM
SAS Employee

Re: SAS Certification Prep Guide: Base Programming for SAS 9, 3rd Ed - Reporting Errors

Thanks for pointing out the missing link.

The text should read:

You can learn more about DO-END pairs in the following table.

There is also more information in the SAS (R) 9.4 Companion for Windows document. Look in the "Checking for Coding Errors" in the "Using the Enhanced Editor" section.

SAS(R) 9.4 Companion for Windows, Fourth Edition

We are updating the Base Certification Guide. We will correct this missing link.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Contributor

Re: SAS Certification Prep Guide: Base Programming for SAS 9, 3rd Ed - Reporting Errors

Hellooooo? Is anyone from SAS out here?

Solution
‎08-05-2015 04:07 PM
SAS Employee

Thanks for pointing out the missing link.

The text should read:

You can learn more about DO-END pairs in the following table.

There is also more information in the SAS (R) 9.4 Companion for Windows document. Look in the "Checking for Coding Errors" in the "Using the Enhanced Editor" section.

SAS(R) 9.4 Companion for Windows, Fourth Edition

We are updating the Base Certification Guide. We will correct this missing link.

Thanks.

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation