BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Hari2
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All,

I am new to SAS Automation. in our office, I need to automate SAS Application using Autosys and there are 17 SAS programs . I am not aware of Autosys as well.

High level flow:

- Run step 1&2 and check one of the temporary datasets count should be 0. If count is not 0, then send mail to 'xxx' and proceed.

- Run Step 3 and Step 4

- Run Step 5, check log and if one of the temporary data sets(Ex: X) count is not 0 then run a piece of code which updates data in another dataset for the respective ID's that we found in dataset X.

- Need to Login to Putty and invoke 2 SAS programs and here , we need to wait for process ID and some return files with latest date, till then need to wait. once we see those files(In putty itself) with latest date and Time stamp we can proceed.

-Need to run Step 7 which internally calls another 3 sas programs 8,9 and 10.

-Need to again login to putty and invoke one sas program and wait for one return file with latest date(return file will appear in putty itself). Proceed to next step.

- Run step 11 and 12

Thnaks.

1 REPLY 1
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
ASFAIK there is no direct integration between SAS and Autosys.
For the flow logic: I think that Autosys reacts primarily to executio return codes. So for the logic of no of observations in data sets I suggest that you write this logic in SAS wich set session rc accordingly, and than have Autosys handle the flow logic.
Autosys should also be able to handle file events (your steps 6 and 10.5). Not sure about how the Putty steps fits into the architecture though. Having a skilled Autosys person to talk to would definitely help.
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation