SAS Adv Programming exam: 63 or 70 Qs? 120 or 135 min?

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor PQK
Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS Adv Programming exam: 63 or 70 Qs? 120 or 135 min?

Dear Forum,

I'm confused.

On the SAS website it states that the Advanced Programming for SAS exam (A00-212) has 63 questions in one location and then 70 questions in another. Please see URLs below.

63 Questions

http://support.sas.com/certify/creds/ap.html#t2

70 Questions

https://support.sas.com/edu/schedules.html?ctry=us&id=449

Furthermore, both above URLs state the exam time is 120 minutes. However I just signed up via www.pearsonvue.com/sas and it lists the exam on my test voucher as 135 minutes!

I don't suppose anyone out there knows the correct answer?

Thank you in advance for the help!!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎02-09-2013 11:36 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: SAS Adv Programming exam: 63 or 70 Qs? 120 or 135 min?

Hi:

Thanks for bringing that discrepancy to our attention. The number of questions is 63 for the Advanced Programmer Exam. The web site that describes the practice exam in comparion to the actual exam will be updated to reflect the correct number of questions.

As for the time discrepancy, the actual time to take the exam is 120 minutes. However, we strongly advise that you get to the testing location at least 15 minutes ahead of time for all the "pre-test" housekeeping: reading the candidate agreement, signing, registration, etc (also best to allot time for parking, etc). Pearson has just added the recommended 15 minutes to the 120 that the test takes. (15+120=135).

I hope that clarifies everything. Again, thanks for pointing that out.

cynthia

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎02-09-2013 11:36 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Thanks for bringing that discrepancy to our attention. The number of questions is 63 for the Advanced Programmer Exam. The web site that describes the practice exam in comparion to the actual exam will be updated to reflect the correct number of questions.

As for the time discrepancy, the actual time to take the exam is 120 minutes. However, we strongly advise that you get to the testing location at least 15 minutes ahead of time for all the "pre-test" housekeeping: reading the candidate agreement, signing, registration, etc (also best to allot time for parking, etc). Pearson has just added the recommended 15 minutes to the 120 that the test takes. (15+120=135).

I hope that clarifies everything. Again, thanks for pointing that out.

cynthia

Contributor PQK
Contributor

Cynthia,

Thank you so very much for the reply!

I see. 63Qs, 120 minutes.

Do you happen to know the rational behind choosing 63 questions as opposed to just going with an even 70 as does the Base Programming exam?

PQK

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation