BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mgvasanth
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have installed SAS Add ins 6.1 through silent installation using the necessary switches and commands.

Operating System : Windows 7 32 bit Operating System .

Once the SAS Add in is installed in a machine, I could see that the SAS add ins are active for some user accounts and inactive for some user accounts. Please assist me in this issue.

Note : The license file (sid file) which i am using is for LINUX 64 bit Operating System. I have schecked with the SAS Technical support team and they informed that its not an issue for this case.

I have tried activating the add ins using the below steps

1. Open Microsoft Excel.
  2. Select File ► Options.
  3. Select Add-Ins.
  4. In the Manage drop-down menu, select COM Add-Ins, and then click Go.
  5. In the COM Add-Ins dialog box that appears, select the SAS check box (if it is not already selected) and then click OK.

but still its not getting activated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Are those users on the same Windows machine of do they run on several lap-tops?

When installing the Addin the windows registry gets updated and should active for all of them on that machine unlesss.

These kind of message are disappointing when you are the local site SAS contact for the users.

SAS(R) Add-In 6.1 for Microsoft Office: Getting Started in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Micr...

It could be some registry/dll issue not being updated for that user.  Reference is the switcher utility

52058 - If SAS® Add-In for Microsoft Office is installed with provisioning software, the SAS® menu i...

a more hidden option eg like this one 48497 - Might be unable to disable SAS® Add-In for Microsoft Office for Microsoft Outlook

It could as simple as How to: Re-enable an Add-in That Has Been Disabled caused by some conflicting users setting causing the addin being disabled.

---->-- ja karman --<-----

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Are those users on the same Windows machine of do they run on several lap-tops?

When installing the Addin the windows registry gets updated and should active for all of them on that machine unlesss.

These kind of message are disappointing when you are the local site SAS contact for the users.

SAS(R) Add-In 6.1 for Microsoft Office: Getting Started in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Micr...

It could be some registry/dll issue not being updated for that user.  Reference is the switcher utility

52058 - If SAS® Add-In for Microsoft Office is installed with provisioning software, the SAS® menu i...

a more hidden option eg like this one 48497 - Might be unable to disable SAS® Add-In for Microsoft Office for Microsoft Outlook

It could as simple as How to: Re-enable an Add-in That Has Been Disabled caused by some conflicting users setting causing the addin being disabled.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
mgvasanth
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks a lot Jaap....!!!!

Problem Note 52058

with reference to the switcher utility resolves my issue.....

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation